Gillian Waddell reports back from Health Ingredients Europe on packaging innovations which offer commercial advantage.
Manufacturers and brand owners all over the world are competing to find technical advances which allow them to develop product solutions which offer a clean label, convenience or sustainability marketing advantage. 8 factors could determine your packaging innovation fate:
- Sustainability – environmental and cost reduction issues are key to trimming back on materials and increasing recyclability
- Eastern influence – inspirational and innovative Asian products which include eye-catching artwork and premium feel
- Beverages – glass, PET and septic packaging options featuring added functionality and convenience to achieve dynamic shelf-standout
- Clean label – minimalistic packaging materials which transport the consumer back to simpler times and convey a natural and clean image
- Confectionery – tomorrow’s sweet tooth is turned on by premiumization, high convenience and true novelty
- Convenience – technology developments in materials and designs encourage strong development in NPD space
- Marketing – packaging services are core to a dynamic marketing strategy – clever technology should be integrated into NPD
- Out of Home – developments in convenience packaging and single serve options help create new solutions for out of home consumption
Image Source: Boxed Bottle Is Better (http://boxedwaterisbetter.com/)
For more information please contact Gillian Waddell at Fuel PR.